Dear Parishioners of Sacred Heart and Holy Rosary:
Our Monsignor Bornemann Council of the Knights of Columbus, #16066, is venturing into its 6th year. In that time we have promoted varied programs in our parishes such as:
- RSVP Program: Financial Support of Seminarians
- Roses & Rosary Program – Council presence at Baptisms
- Parish/community assistance for work projects (involving painting, cleanup, personal aid to those in need)
- Support of LifeLine of Berks County
- Support parish youth in different activities
- Promote & Support Sacred Heart School Scholarship Fund
- Devotional events at our parishes
- Public presence such as participation in the local 4th of July Parade
Our success in these programs to come is directly related to you, the parishioners of Sacred Heart and Holy Rosary; through your prayers and financial support during the year; and for that I offer the thanks of all my Brother Knights in our Council.
Building on the efforts of my predecessors; Past Grand Knights Gerald Blaum and Frank Urso, I look forward to the growth of our Council and expansion of service to our parishes and promotion of the charitable efforts know internationally from the Knights of Columbus.
Also, I invite the men of our parishes, ages 18 plus, to reflect on joining us in our work.. we have a place for you and welcome your inquiry for membership. We and The Church need your presence in the Knights of Columbus as we strive to be an example of living our faith in the public view. Come walk with us as a Brother Knight!
Grand Knight, John B. Sylvester, M.A.